Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PROCRASTINATION NO MORE


Every so often, I enjoy looking back at past posts to re experience them. It was through reading them that I realized something very important to me. With many of these experiences, I only had the chance to do them because these opportunities found me, I didn’t find them. It was disheartening to me but it was the truth and a harsh realization.

When I had the chance to cross off #16 DRESS UP AS SANTA off my list, I only did it because my General Manager asked me to dress up. It occurred to me later that I could have and should have asked him. When I crossed off #114 WEAR A CHINESE LION DANCE COSTUME, it was the gentleman in charge that asked me if I wanted to try it on. Had it not been for him asking me, I may have never been able to cross that off my list. On the upside however, for the most part, a lot of the things that I’ve been fortunate enough to do I didn’t have to ask anyone, I simply saved up some money and went. It’s the countless “shoulda woulda couldas” that I’m tired of.

Luckily, this is a new day of a new year. It’s a new beginning for me and the fine art of procrastination that I’ve mastered is at an end. I’m no longer going to sit back and let these once in a lifetime opportunities find me, I’m going to make a conscious effort to find them. When I wake up in the morning, I want to make some sort of memory for myself or for someone else before I close my eyes that night. This is something that I literally can’t wait for. We’re 17 days into the New Year and I for the most part am planning to do my very best to stick with my new years resolution. This is my “procrastination free” life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment