Friday, March 25, 2011

THURSDAY IS JERSDAY


Today is March 24th and tonight is the season finale of Jersey Shore. I’m having mixed feelings nowadays about the show. During the genesis of the series, I’ve loved seeing the fun and crazy antics those “Guidos” and “Guidettes” got themselves into. For almost ¾ of season 2, the fun was replaced with nothing but drama, drama, and more drama. I think Reality TV has taken a turn the past year or so from drama filled to more fun and inspiring-type series a la The Buried Life, World of Jenks, and Fantasy Factory, which brings me to the reason for this post.

I’ve got to thinking about how I’d be as a Jersey Shore cast mate. I’ve come to a consensus and I’d probably be the best worst roommate. Let me just say, if you’ve read any of my past posts, you’d know that I’m from Maui, Hawaii. I live on an island. There’s only so many things that you can do on an island. Being on Maui, we don’t really know what a “Boardwalk” is. We don’t know what it’s like to have an amusement park in your backyard. We get the annual Maui County Fair every ending of September with the same games and the same rides from before Y2K (you remember that term, don’t you?) had hit. Heck, if I could ride on a rollercoaster at my beckon and feel the adrenaline rush of the SkyScraper on a daily basis I’d be all over that. It’s been a bit over 2 years since I’ve been sober so hitting the clubs wouldn’t really be on my radar. I’d love to see what else the Jersey Shore has that MTV doesn’t show. I’d love to see the “other” side to the shore. At the house, unfortunately the cast is relegated to their duck phone and nothing else electronic; no twitter, no facebook, no tv, no emails, etc. I love to social network so it would be hard but I’m sure the Shore would have something that I’d be able to do to keep my mind off my CityVille. I’m not that much of a beach boy but I’m sure I’d get into shredding some waves and show these Shore people how Maui gets down. Normally, when I go on any type of vacation, I do a lot of homework on the destination so I don’t feel I’ve wasted any time looking for things to do, I’ll already know what there is and what I want to do. Now, I also just Googled “Jersey Shore amusement park” and found that there’s a waterpark right next to the beach. Now that’s so Jersey Shore-esque. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I love it!

It would be such a culture shock for an islander to have these things at your disposal; the nightlife, the lights, the noise, the parks, and the rest of the United States down the road. While proofreading this post, it’s only now that I’ve realized that I’d have roommates. I was just thinking about the Shore. I told you I’d be the best worst.


No comments:

Post a Comment