Thursday, October 13, 2011

GOOD DEED - PAYPHONE


Anabelle and I were hungry one Sunday afternoon so we decided to pick up food. As I got out of our car, this guy had asked me if he could borrow my phone. Because I don’t get the best reception where we were, I didn’t bring it. I told the guy “Sorry, I left it at home”. It surprised me that he didn’t give me any type of stare down like I was lying to him; he was totally cool about it. After I ordered I sat down and noticed him pacing outside looking for someone who’d let him use their phone. About 5 minutes later as I was walking out I saw that he was still in need of a phone. I heard and felt the loose change in my pocket jingling. So I asked him if he wanted some quarters for the payphone. He was so appreciative that he shook my hand and all he wanted to do was call for a ride home. Because of this, our breakfast ended up being that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment