Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MY BLOGOSPHERE



HELLO WORLD.
For the last 29 years or so, there have been millions and millions of thoughts of random things rattling throughout my brain. Some were important. Some not so important. And some of absolutely no importance whatsoever.
I was never one who was able to consistently upkeep a journal. My thoughts were so sporadic that it was hard to write at the speed my noggin was moving at. Surprisingly though, I’ve been commended on my writing abilities.
Throughout high school and for several short spurts afterwards, I expressed my feeling and thoughts through rap verses. Music is considered to be the window to a person’s soul. Through these verses, it gave any reader, which were none, because I never shared my material, a panoramic view into my life. Over the years, I’ve accumulated about 5 composition books full of material on and about me. Some material was dark and gloomy, some were playful and whimsical, and others were done while in a state of fantasy. Having kept these “journals”, when inspired, I do, from time to time peek in to reflect on where I was at, at that moment in time. Until today, I don think I’ve ever articulated what’s inside of me as well as I did when I was writing.
So here I am today, looking to carry on what I once did so religiously. I’m here to record the life and times of Brandon; unedited and uncut. I want this blog to say a lot about me. This will be a spot where I can share something that is near and dear to my heart, my Bucket List.
For those that are unfamiliar with what a Bucket List is, it’s 100 (not obligated to be) that you’d want to do before you die. I once heard about this thing called a “Bucket List” about a decade ago on Oprah. At that time I thought to myself, “Hell, I’m only 19, I got tons of time.” After a short decade later, the concept “Bucket List” jumped back into my life. I realized that the decade since I last heard these words had flew right by me. Other than meeting my-now-fiancĂ©e Anabelle, and my son Damien, I didn’t have much to show for it.
I worked on my Bucket List for about a month. For those of you that don’t have a Bucket List yet, make one. I’ve gotten the chance to realize how many passions I have and what experiences I’d cherish if given the opportunity.
I love sharing my experiences with those who are around me. And through blogging, my grasp now goes from a few dozen people to an infinite amount of readers. So share these times with me, share your times with me, please comment if you can, it would be my honor if you do.
Welcome to my adventures. This is b.reANIMATED.

No comments:

Post a Comment