Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN



For my Halloween post, I’m going to flex my K.I.S.S. muscle and keep everything short and simple. When it comes to Halloween, I’ve somehow been bitten by the Grinch bug. I can’t exactly pinpoint when, how, or why I’ve come to not like Halloween but that all changed. After seeing the ingenuity and brilliance both Anabelle and Damien had for Damien’s costume, I’m happy to say that I am now back in the positive with the final day of October.

Over the course of a week and a half, Anabelle would send me picture messages of portions of Damien’s upcoming costume. Picture by picture, I wondered what the heck they were up to. Finally, I got to see everything as a whole and it looked incredible. There before me was a near replica of a Deadmau5 helmet. I’m far from a craft person but if you looked good at it, Anabelle and Damien seemed to have used the old newspaper and balloon paper mache method. The most impressive aspect though from everything is that they had used those little click lights as the Deadmau5 eyes. When I had first seen the helmet, I was impressed. However, when Damien clicked the eyes on, I was beyond myself. They did a spectacular job.

For those not in the know, Deadmau5 is a world famous DJ whose sets have sold out some of the planet’s biggest venues. Deadmau5 has also made a name for himself with the help of his very ingenious and intricate Deadmau5 helmets. When I had seen that that is what Anabelle and Damien had made, I was in total awe. Simply said, I was just proud that they accomplished what they had set out for.

On Halloween night, as Damien brought out his helmet and showed it off to everyone at our family get together, there wasn’t one person that was not impressed. Everyone’s jaws dropped. As we began trick or treating, unfortunately, there were very few people that knew who Damien was supposed to be. However, the few that did know who Deadmau5 is were blown away. As the evening ended and I gave Anabelle a recap of the night (she was working and didn’t come), I told her the helmet was a smash.

As the evening winded down, I realized just how special Halloween is. I don’t think I realized just how much fun it would be to be someone or something else for an evening. I lost that spirit but fortunately I got it back; all thanks to the ingenuity of Anabelle and Damien, as usual. Happy Halloween.


THE REAL DEADMAU5

 
DAMIEN’S DEADMAU5

No comments:

Post a Comment