Saturday, October 29, 2011

100TH POST



It has come to my attention that I’ve hit the century mark with my blog. I almost can’t believe it, 100 posts. Wow, 100 posts! Wait, what, 100 posts? I need to ask myself, did time fly or am I having that good a ride? I’m opting for the latter.

When I first started blogging, I first had another blog which is still up and running. I tried to delete it but never could. When I first started that one, I took great pride in it. I’d post everything that’s near and dear to me, externally. I spent many hours cutting, copying, and pasting images that I’d find lurking online and called it my own. Blogging back then was so much easier. As time went on, one day, I looked back on all those posts and realized that that blog really had nothing to do with me as an individual. As I surfed the web, I came to a harsh realization that my blog was no different from all the other blogs with similar content. I looked in the blogging mirror and knew it was time for a change.

I decided to (re)start from scratch. The absolute first thing that I needed my blog to be was my blog. Instead of looking for a cool layout with bright colors or animated graphics like the old blog, I wanted this one to be a mixture of user friendliness, be easy on the eyes, yet be catchy and of course, different. I copied over a few of the old entries, proofread them, and posted them. I stuck with the whole substance over style mantra and it hasn’t done me wrong thus far. I thought of a few more topics and tried to concentrate on that.

BUCKET LIST
The first thing that I wanted this blog to be about was my Bucket List. I firmly believe there are very few things that reflect a person and their passions more than a Bucket List. When I first heard the term Bucket List, it was on Oprah about 12-13 years ago. Like many people, I thought, “Ah, I got time”. Then I forgot about it. Fast forward about 10+ year. I once again heard the words “Bucket List”. I then realized that over 10 years had passed and I have very few things to show for it. On that very day, I started coming up with my list. It took me a lot of time and I still add to it ‘til this very day. I never realized how many childhood hobbies that I had that still linger with me today. Experiencing these things and crossing them off from my list is one of the greatest feelings. Being able to blog about them and share them with you makes it all the more gratifying. If you don’t already have a Bucket List, make one. Use MINES if you’d like for inspiration.

COOLNESS
Coolness is an amalgam of 2 words; obviously the word cool. The –ness comes from a word I’ve seen several bloggers use; randomness. Basically, this is where all the cool and random things kind of end. When I mention cool, you’ll see a few pictures of concerts we’ve gone to and celebrities we’ve been able to meet. As for the random part: it’s sort of like trends. For example, when planking became the phenomenon, I used to think only bored people with too much time on their hands would do. Low and behold, when I first tried it, it ended up being such a random burst of nothing but lying flat that it somehow became fun. Hence PLANKING.

G.O.A.L. GET OUT AND LIVE
This is the anti-couch potato thread. I too, enjoy sleeping in and watching TV all day. However, I also enjoy experiencing new things. At one point in time, I was very closed minded on what I wanted to do. If I thought I wasn’t going to have fun, I wasn’t doing it. I’m glad to say that things have changed. I now enjoy doing new things. I’m finding myself looking through the newspaper, through brochures, pamphlets, etc to see what events are going on around me. For the most part, it’s those very events that I have the most fun because I chose to get off of my rump and have fun. I chose to G.O.A.L.

GOOD DEED A DAY
As I go on through my daily rituals, I’ve been finding that doing good deeds are a dying trait. I’ve been finding it rare for people to do something courteous without having some type of recuperation attached to it. That’s where this thread comes in. I love to have that gratifying feeling within me when I do a good deed. Whether it be holding a door open (which I do but choose not to write about), returning something to its owner, or donating something, it all counts. I’ve been blessed with the opportunities to do the mentioned deeds and I love the feeling that I get. Through these good deeds and this blog, I hope I’ll be able to inspire someone to do something good. I know I’m only throwing a pebble in a very big pond but hopefully together we’ll cause waves that would make Poseidon jealous.

HOTEL LIFE
Working at a hotel, you never really have a dull day. As each person is different, so too are the days. With my old blog, I’d use it to rant about all the “idiocy” I’d have to deal with on a day to day basis. As a blog grows, so does the blogger. This time around I wanted to try and showcase some of the recognition that I’m lucky enough to get by people who mention me. In a way, hotel life is a sort of collection of notes and comments that remind me to continue to work hard.

MOVIE GUIDE
As I mentioned, I love movies. The best time of the year for movie buffs (which I like to consider myself) is the summertime. Basically, all this is, is a movie guide: for dudes, by dudes.

RE:ME
This thread is mainly me uncut. My goal here is to have these entries reflect me the best. Ideally, I don’t want it to be anywhere around the TMI zone but I still want it to have some gauge on who I am. Truthfully,  my goal with RE:ME is to show all the fun things that a person can do with a alcohol free state of mind.

THE LIST
My Bucket List. Check it out. Tell me what you think. Any ideas?

TRAVELS
This thread is pretty self explanatory. As a kid, I traveled a heck of a lot. The older I got, the less I traveled. Anabelle, Damien, and I have been to quite a few places but as I mentioned, I don’t want to post too many things about past experiences. And the way I see it, even if Maui is only an island, there’s still a ton of things we’re able to do here. So for the moment, we’re good. Besides, we’re good with the 24 hour getaways we try to do every so often.


I’m 100 posts deep with my blog and so far it’s been a great ride. From top to bottom, I’m extremely happy on how my blog is coming along. I had put in a counter a few months back to see how the traffic is and I’m seeing the number grow everyday. Hopefully my reader base will grow with each post and I’ll be able to get my first follower. And until then, I’ll continue to share all I can with you to live; a cooler life, a more enjoyable life, a more positive life. This is my life.. REANIMATED.

** ANY QUESTIONS, IDEAS, COMMENTS ON ANYTHING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I’M AN OPEN BOOK **

No comments:

Post a Comment