Thursday, March 29, 2012

FLUFFY ROUND 3



It’s Black Friday night. In the last 36 hours, I’d be lucky if I had 2 hours of sleep. Having battled the retail elements along with the masses, I now am tired and fatigued. However, I have good reason to dig deep and fight to stay awake. Tonight we’re getting to watch Hispanic funnyman Gabriel Iglesias for a third straight year.

When I first seen online that Gabriel Iglesias aka Fluffy was returning to Maui, I was apprehensive about going. I figured because I’ve seen him perform live twice, watched his Comedy Central specials, and added to his 1,000,000+ views on YouTube, I probably heard majority of his schtick. I felt that because of his genuineness to his fans and how personable he always is, I’d definitely love to show some support. Also, my two boys Robin and Ray have always wanted to go in years past but never had the chance. Luckily, with the help of a hookup, I was able to change that.

Once again, Gabriel and crew killed it. I was expecting to hear the same jokes but Fluffy blew my mind by keeping us all in stitches with brand new material. From time to time, I was peeking at Robin and Ray to see what their facial expressions were and for the most part, they too thought Fluffy’s material was funny. I was looking at it as a mental getaway for them both. It was an awesome sight to see them having a good time.

Anabelle and I kept asking them if they’d be willing to stand in line to meet and take pictures with Fluffy after the show. Luckily for us, both Robin and Ray were down. The wait began. The line was a few hundred strong and it ran about a hundred yards long. At first glance, we knew that the wait would be daunting. Being that we had such a great time at the show, we had a lot to talk about and share, which made the wait go by that much quicker. Throughout the wait, Gabriel’s staff kept making fun of certain audience members; they were hilarious. As Anabelle and I started getting closer to our photo op, I suggested to her that she ask Fluffy if she’d be able to sit on his lap. She was hesitant but knew she didn’t want to pass up the opportunity. It was now our turn. With each step, I could tell that Anabelle wasn’t about to ask. I knew it was one of two things; she was either so star struck she either forgot or didn’t care because she was in his presence. I didn’t want her to regret not asking so I asked on her behalf. Fluffy happily accommodated. We had a quick chat and smiled. Once again, I was impressed with Gabriel because he asked us if the picture was okay with us or if we wanted to take another. As we walked off stage, we exchanged smiles, daps, kisses, and hugs. Robin and Ray were up next. As they approached Fluffy, Robin shook his hand and without hesitation, Gabriel asked Ray if he wanted to sit on Gabriel’s lap. There were still a ton of people waiting to get their pictures and everyone that heard erupted in laughter. I was sipping on a bottle of water and almost spit it out because it was so funny. Ray is probably as manly as you can get so to hear another MAN ask him such a question made it one heck of a moment.

Once again, Mr. Gabriel Iglesias along with his band of comedy legends came into Maui and put their stamp down. They absolutely rocked the 100% packed house. No seat was left empty. No body left any less than overly satisfied. And no spirit was left unlifted. I think I can speak not just for myself and Anabelle, but also for Robin and Ray and the legions of us Mauians who love and adore Gabriel Iglesias; please come back. Hana Hou!



No comments:

Post a Comment