Thursday, November 18, 2010

123. LAUGH UNTIL I CRY

Gabriel Iglesias is coming! Gabriel Iglesias is coming!

After many years, I finally had the chance to go see a full on stand up comedy show. And for more spice, for my first show, I got to see one of my favorite comedians perform, Mr. Gabriel Iglesias.
I’ve spent many nights watching Gabriel Iglesias on Comedy Central. I spent many workout sessions running to his voice to take my mind off of my workout. And let me tell you, it works.
So I finally get my show tickets and because the wifey is on Oahu, I get to go by myself. I seriously had the best seat in the house. I was between two pillars on the second level. My closest neighbor to me was about 4 feet away. I loved it. I had an unobstructed view. It was optimal. I had no one’s head blocking my view and no one’s knees banging mines like everyone did below me on the first level.



From the start of the show, Martin Moreno had everyone rolling in their chairs. He was great. Up next were Steve Lathom and his lazy eye. The way he made fun of himself yet still played the part of a pimp was epic. The 3rd comic that performed was the 5’2” wonder, Noe Gonzalez. His Harley Davidson to moped joke was piss your pants funny. He was hysterical. The 3 comics did a fantastic job before handing the crowd over to Fluffy.


 I feel it would be a travesty if I go into detail what his performance was about. If you ever get a chance to see Gabriel Iglesias perform, definitely do it. His performances on TV don’t do him justice. From him walking on stage to him walking off, he had the audience in stitches. At many points in his routine I was standing up laughing ferociously. I was about to fly the chair because he had me going. Even after the show, for about 4 days, I had the worst headache from him. From his voice overs, to his stories, to his sound effects, and especially his delivery, he is a comedy legend. And with all the laughter, one thing that I really admired about him, is that he did his entire set without cussing and telling dirty jokes. As much as I love dirty jokes, not hearing F-bombs was a nice change of pace.

I’ll definitely go to his next concert and the next one and the next one. This show was absolutely epic. And without even knowing it, I got to cross off #123 off my Bucket List, LAUGH TIL I CRY.




No comments:

Post a Comment