Monday, June 6, 2011

MOVIE GUIDE: THE HANGOVER 2



Normally, I don’t care for too many comedies. In the way of movies, I’ve always been the old school blow’em up type of guy. I figured though, if every single on of my friends loved The Hangover, so would I. After over a year of sleeping, I finally sat still long enough to watch it. And like them, I too liked it.

When I came up with the idea to have my own version of a movie guide, I ended up looking forward to watching The Hangover 2. Week after week the action movies came in and went. There was blockbuster after blockbuster; Fast 5, Thor, and Pirates 4. And in true Hangover fashion, the Wolfpack sat their funny asses right in the middle of all the summer action and rocked my mind.

The Hangover 2 in my mind was a comedy classic. The cast was great. I think they all had unbelievable chemistry; to the point where I think the casting director should be highly commended. I really liked the storyline in the movie. I think it’s why I’m so fond of The Hangover (1). But what I think separates The Hangover 2 from almost all other comedies is the ruthless, down and dirty humor that this movie packs. I think the last time I laughed as much, as loud, and as often was when Anabelle, Damien, and I went to see Jackass in theaters several years ago. The Hangover 2 had me in stitches.

In many movies, seeing boobies are the norm. In the first Hangover, we were given a sneak peak at Mr. Chow’s junk. And in The Hangover 2, we not only get to see oodles of boobies, we’re again treated to Mr. Chow’s junk and a 1, 2 punch of the boobies and junk off a transgender, and several at that. I never anticipated going to a movie and being able to see a transgender in full nudity, but then again, there hasn’t been any movies on the radar that The Hangover now commands. During the movie, when the transgender(ed) actress stood up to reveal her secret, the entire theater roared with laughs in unison. Normally, I like to view myself as the cool dad and let Damien do certain things that some of his friends may not be able to do, however, watching The Hangover isn’t one of those things. It’s really and truly is a full on raunch-fest, and one that I absolutely loved.

There is no doubt that the Wolfpack and gang are getting my seal of approval on must see summer movies. The Hangover didn’t disappoint one bit and the word on the street is that there’s going to be a part 3 to round out the Wolfpack. Until The Hangover 3 comes out, bottom’s up.

No comments:

Post a Comment